- CDW is an upgrade which limits the amount you need to pay for repairs due to damages caused to the vehicle in a car accident. In the event you have opted for this CDW and you are involved in a car accident causing damages to the vehicle, provided that you have not breached any terms of the vehicle rental agreement, you will only be liable to a reduced repair cost as follows:
Repair Cost Payable
Full repair cost
(a) Lite Package:
You will only be liable to pay maximum of RM2,000.00 of the total repair cost.
(b) Standard Package
You will only be liable to pay maximum of RM500.00 of the total repair cost.
(c) Essential Package
You will only be liable to pay maximum of RM200.00 of the total repair cost.
*Note: If the Renter is 18-20 years old or a holder of a Probationary Driving License (P-License) involved in an accident while driving the Rental Vehicle, the Renter hereby authorizes GoCar to charge RM400 to the Renter's registered credit and/or debit cards as a compulsory fee, irrespective of whether the Renter is at fault or not, in reference to the Malaysian Motor Claims Guide.
* There are three (3) types of packages of CDW that you may opt for, i.e. Lite package, Standard package and Essential package. You may opt for the type of CDW package when you book the vehicle via the GoCar App, and once payment is made, you are not allowed to change the type of CDW package.
* For extension bookings, please note that you have to purchase the CDW package again.
* Please note that only the Lite package of CDW will be available for “Free Floating” trips.
2. CDW shall only be effective subject to your compliance with the following:
- You shall have lodged a police report within twenty-four (24) hours of the loss/damage/theft of the vehicle;
- Where applicable, you shall obtain the names, identity card or copy of passport, visa and addresses of all parties involved, including the witness(es);
- You shall not have entered into any settlement relating to the loss, damage and/or theft of the vehicle without the prior written consent of GoCar;
- You shall not have left or abandoned the vehicle without adequate provisions for safeguarding and securing the same;
- You shall promptly notify GoCar of such accident;
- You shall deliver all correspondence, writs or documents of any kind received by you relating to accidents involving the vehicle and shall fully cooperate with the GoCar and the fleet supplier in the investigation and defense of any claim, prosecution or suit.
3. CDW shall not be applicable where the vehicle has been driven or operated in violation of the terms of the vehicle rental agreement, and you shall be liable to pay GoCar and the fleet supplier the FULL costs of the damaged/stolen/lost vehicle and/or part(s) thereof, including but not limited to the labor, towing and storage costs as well as the fleet supplier’s loss of use of the vehicle.
4. In the event of an accident and (i) you are deemed at fault by the police investigation or (ii) no police report is lodged by you, GoCar shall have the rights to charge you immediately on the full repair costs of the vehicle. On the other hand, if you have purchased CDW and you are found at fault by the police report, you will only be liable to pay the reduced repair cost as stated in Clause 20(a) above. Should GoCar not be able to charge your card, you must pay the repair costs to GoCar within twenty-four (24) hours.