Last Updated: 12 December 2023
This personal data protection notice (“Notice”) is issued by GoCar Mobility Sdn Bhd 201501016594 (1141928U) (“we”, “us”, “our”). It applies to those whose personal data is collected and processed by us.
For the purpose of this Notice, the terms “personal data”, “sensitive personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning prescribed in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “Act”).
1. This Notice serves to inform you and clarifies how your personal data is being processed by us or on our behalf.
2. You hereby agree and consent that, depending on the nature of your interaction with us, we may gather and collect personal data from you from time to time including your name, identity card/ passport number, gender, race, birth date, telephone numbers, home address, e-mail address, bank account, any sensitive personal data such as physical or mental health or condition, religious beliefs, such other personal data as may be required for the purposes in paragraph 3 below and the personal data submitted or made available by you to us from time to time, by or through the following ways:
(a) during the course of your dealings or commercial transactions/ activities with us;
(b) when you create an account or profile with us and/or submit any form (including purchase order form, application form) for our products/ services;
(c) “cookies” (or, internet cookies, browser cookies) when you use or access to our website(s);
(d) your purchase of products from us;
(e) your use of the services provided by us;
(f) your communications or interactions with us including e-mails; and/or
(g) the information in the public domain.
3. Depending on the nature of business and circumstances, your personal data is necessary to be collected and processed by us or on our behalf (including without limitation):
(a) to process your request to purchase or your purchase of our products/ services;
(b) to discharge our duties and obligations (including pre-contractual and contractual) with you as a seller of products or provider of services;
(c) to provide and deliver our products/ services to you;
(d) to enable you to provide goods/ services to us;
(e) to communicate with you or to respond to your enquiries;
(f) to facilitate the resolution of any concern, complaint or issues relating to our products/ services;
(g) to administer your participation in any contest, event, programme, roadshow, training or seminar organised by us;
(h) to provide ongoing information about our events and/or information relating to our business or products/ services;
(i) to provide new products/ services promotion to you or to provide you with information relating to the products/ services offered by us or our Group including promotional and direct marketing materials;
(j) to research, develop and improve our products/ services, customer service and customer satisfaction;
(k) for internal management and administrative purposes including for purposes related to data storage/ record keeping and management;
(l) to provide information to regulatory or governmental authorities in order to comply with the statutory or government’s requirements;
(m) for us to comply with our obligations under any applicable laws and regulations;
(n) to consider applications for employment with us; and/or
(o) for any other purpose incidental or ancillary or in furtherance to the above purposes,
(hereinafter referred to as “the Purposes”).
4. Please be informed that your personal data may be disclosed to:
(a) our Group. For the purpose of this Notice, “Group” shall mean Warisan TC Holdings Berhad and its subsidiaries and associated companies, whether present or future;
(b) the relevant governmental, regulatory, supervisory or governing authorities, bodies or agencies over our Group’s business;
(c) our business partners, suppliers, service providers, auditors, accountants, consultants, financial or professional advisers in connection with the Purposes; and/or
(d) any other persons that may be relevant to our Group’s business and functions or for us to carry out any of the Purposes.
5. We are committed to protect your personal data by taking steps including, where practicable, the appropriate administrative, technical and security safeguards and measures to prevent unauthorized access, processing, disclosure, alteration or destruction of your personal data. We also require our employees to ensure that they shall not misuse or perform unauthorised disclosure of your personal data other than for the Purposes. Where your personal data is disclosed to any persons outside of our Group for the Purposes, we will require them to comply with the appropriate compliance standards including obligations to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal data.
However, you should be aware that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure and free from cybersecurity risks. Notwithstanding that, we strive to protect the security of your personal data and will constantly review our information security measures.
Depending on the nature of the data/ information to be protected, we are committed to have technical and organisational measures to prevent risks such as destruction, loss, misuse, alteration and unauthorised disclosure of or access to your personal data.
6. Unless otherwise specified by us in writing at the time your personal data is collected, you may be required to supply us with your personal data and you shall ensure that all personal data submitted to us and retained by us are accurate, not misleading, up-to-date and complete in all respects. If you fail to supply to us with the required personal data, we may not be able to carry out the Purposes for which you have provided us the personal data.
7. In the event that you make available to us (i) any personal data of a third party, you shall procure and obtain the consent of the relevant third party for the disclosure to and processing by us of their personal data, or (ii) any personal data of an individual who is under the age of eighteen (18) years old, you shall procure and obtain consent from the parent, guardian or person who has parental responsibility on the said individual, failing which, we shall not be held responsible for that.
8. As and when it is necessary, your personal data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed by the other company within our Group, our computer servers, business partners, suppliers and/or service providers located in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia for the Purposes, and you hereby consent to any transfer of your personal data out of Malaysia.
9. We may retain your personal data for at least seven (7) years or for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the Purposes or the purposes for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws, whichever is the later. Thereafter, we will ensure that your personal data is destroyed or deleted in accordance with the Act.
10. After the submission of personal data to us, you shall have the right to:
(a) request to access to your personal data;
(b) request to correct or update your personal data;
(c) withdraw or limit your consent for us to process, retain or store your personal data. However, such withdrawal of limitation may result in us not being able to perform the Purposes or discharge our obligations to you.
We may charge a fee for processing your request as mentioned above and we may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction in accordance with the Act. We may also request supporting documents from you to verify your identity before allowing the request.
11. You may use any of the following modes to contact us or submit (i) request for access or correction of your personal data, or (ii) your enquiries or complaints in respect of the processing of your personal data, or (iii) request to cease processing your personal data for the above mentioned direct marketing:
|Lot 1A, Jalan Kemajuan, Seksyen 13, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
|Email Address/ Fax No (if any):
12. In the event of any inconsistencies between the English version and the Bahasa Melayu version of this Notice, the English version shall prevail over the Bahasa Melayu version.
13. We reserve the right to amend or update this Notice at any time and the updated Notice will be posted on our website or via any other modes we deem suitable.
14. By providing to us your personal data, or your purchase or continued use of our products or services, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent to the collection, processing and storage of your personal data in accordance with all of the foregoing and such other amendments or update to this Notice.
Link: Terms & Conditions